CWF: Card Wrestling Federation (Ludum Dare 41)
CWF: Card Wrestling Federation takes the best of card based combat and professional wrestling; high flying action slowed down to a crawl because it is now turn based!
Ludum Dare 41 Jam entry for the theme, "Combine 2 Incompatible Genres".
- WASD or Arrows to move around menu options
- Spacebar to select option and skip text
The core mechanics of the game focus around knocking out, pinning, or forcing your opponent to submit by using various wrestling moves.
- Attacks are a basic move with the lowest damage and highest rate of success.
- Throws are stronger, but due to the nature of needing to be able to grab your opponent there is less accuracy.
- Holds are stronger than normal attacks and have the chance to force the target to tap out and end the match.
- Aerial attacks are the strongest, but due to the risky maneuvers of sailing through the air you risk missing and hurting yourself in the process.
When two wrestlers use the same type of move, they clash and take a bit of damage but neither of their moves are performed.
Tip: Your opponents color corresponds to their preferred move type.
- You'll sometimes draw duplicate move cards, I focused on the rest of the game over deduping the draws
- Apparently if you spam the down key, it will select a move. No clue why.
- Engine: Godot 3
- Graphics: Aseprite
- Music: BeepBox
- SFX: Bfxr
- An unsafe amount of caffeine
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Windows Release31 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.